The solution may be even simpler. The problem seems to be that when a user displays the system operator message queue (QSYSOPR), one of the function keys at bottom is "F16=Remove messages not needing a reply". Now, here's the kicker - we have around 20 IBM i systems, and some of them have the F16 option, and some do not. They're all at 7.3 so that isn't the issue. There's no correlation with the SECLVL, so that isn't it. It doesn't seem to matter which user profile is used, so that isn't it.

I checked the OBJAUT of QSYS/QSYSOPR OBJTYPE(*MSGQ) and it's the same across our systems, so that isn't it.

If I can 'turn off' the F16 option on all systems, the problem is solved.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this. I couldn't find anything in the archive, and Google wasn't any help.

Thank you in advance.

~TA~