Hello Laurence,

Am 03.05.2021 um 11:38 schrieb Laurence Chiu <lchiu7@xxxxxxxxx>:

So they run the telnet command (telnet <host name> <port>) and see if they get a response.

Excellent! I need to quote this statement, because it's often missing with network diagnosis. Especially when there are firewalls in between.

I am not sure if the MQ Manager is running or listening on that port and I don't have the IBMi knowledge to find out.

As jack pointed out: see netstat *cnn. Maybe press F14 to see numeric ports (not interpreted by the i-equivalent of /etc/services). If the port you're searching for isn't listed, the service isn't running.

This stays true for most of today's OS's. Netstat works on Linux (although newer installs replace the well-known programs netstat and ifconfig with new-syntax 'ip' commands), all macOS ≥ 10, Windows, OS/400 (at least) V4 and newer, and surely more.

:wq! PoC