I use the Printer output option from IBM iACS to view/download/print all of
my spool files.

Art

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:50 PM Steinmetz, Paul via MIDRANGE-L <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have employees working from home using a thin client with a locally
attached USB printer.
1) What various options are there to connect/configure this printer to
print from.
2) Must all printing go to an outq. If yes, then I see us creating
personal outqs for these users.
3) This would then also require changing their userprofile to point to
this new outq.
4) This creates a 2nd problem. On days where the employee is back in the
office, they would need to print to their previously configured department
printer.

Another option we are doing is configuring an InfoPrintWriter ( WRKPSFCFG)
with a wild card PDFMAPE that would email any spoolfile in a released
status to themselves.
This requires a separate config and port for each user, and the ability
for users to locate and move the desired spoolfile, (not always an easy
task) and that's if they have the authority to do so.

What are others in the group doing for working from home printing options?

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM I Power9 Administrator