I had tried that but it wasn't working. It is working now.

The problem was that the ODBC connection didn't have the trigger program
library in it's library list.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 1:27 PM Justin Taylor <jtaylor.0ab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you set an RDi SEP over the trigger program?

date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 16:59:03 -0400
from: "Art Tostaine, Jr." <atostaine@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Remote SQL Insert doesn't fire trigger

I have a client connecting via ODBC. When they do an INSERT INTO the
trigger we added via ADDPTFTRG doesn't fire. We created it as a *BEFORE
*INSERT trigger. I'm trying to debug the trigger program that's supposed
to send an email to a customer.

I connected with IBM iACS run Sql scripts and found the QZDA* job that
was
started. I tried to do a STRSRVJOB on that job but it says it's
already being debugged or traced.

If I do a STRSQL from green screen and do the same INSERT INTO the
trigger
fires.

I tried adding a service entry point but that's not working on our new
IBM
i. I have to find out what's wrong with SEP's.

I believe the trigger should fire for all database inserts. How can I
prove
that it is by debugging?

Thanks, Art