Can you set an RDi SEP over the trigger program?

date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 16:59:03 -0400
from: "Art Tostaine, Jr." <atostaine@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Remote SQL Insert doesn't fire trigger

I have a client connecting via ODBC. When they do an INSERT INTO the
trigger we added via ADDPTFTRG doesn't fire. We created it as a *BEFORE
*INSERT trigger. I'm trying to debug the trigger program that's supposed
to send an email to a customer.

I connected with IBM iACS run Sql scripts and found the QZDA* job that was
started. I tried to do a STRSRVJOB on that job but it says it's
already being debugged or traced.

If I do a STRSQL from green screen and do the same INSERT INTO the trigger
fires.

I tried adding a service entry point but that's not working on our new IBM
i. I have to find out what's wrong with SEP's.

I believe the trigger should fire for all database inserts. How can I prove
that it is by debugging?

Thanks, Art