Darryl,

I started out using the DB2 connector. I've never tried the ODBC connector.
What I found with the DB2 connector is it's very limited. You can't
connect to VIEWS so you're limited to single table access. I then switched
to using apis which work very well for me.

But to create a simple connection with the DB2 connector I use these steps.

Select Data -> Connections -> DB2 connector
Create a new connection and select the DB2 connector
How do you want to connect to your data?
Select - Connect using on-premises data gateway
Server
999.999.999.999:446
Database
MyDatabase // I get this from Schemas in iACS
Authentication
Basic
Username
rrogerson
Password
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Choose a gateway
Your gateway should appear in the dropdown.

Press the create button

Your new connection should now appear on the list of connections. If you
click on the Details tab you should see Connected.

Create a quick App
Apps -> New App -> Canvas
Start with your data -> If your new connection doesn't appear click the
-> button to see a list of your connections.
Select your new connection

You now must choose a table. This is horrible. It lists all tables in all
libraries (or at least up to a max). If you don't see the table you're
looking for drag the slider on the right down to the bottom. This may take
a while but eventually you get to the bottom and the last entry you can
type LIBRARY.FILE (This must be a physical - like I said very limited).

Press connect.

PowerApps does it's thing and should create you a sample app.

I did this all as I was typing instructions and it worked for me.

Let me know how it goes.

Rob