We don't care how long a session sits idle... our solution was driven by a balance between user and auditor complaints-- users aiming for longer, auditors for shorter!

QINACTITV = 90 minutes
QINACTMSGQ = *DSCJOB
QDSCJOBITV = 60

What this gives us: After 90 minutes of inactivity a user's job is returned to a signon screen (but is still 'active').
After another 60 minutes the job is ended.

If a user's screen drops back to the signon screen, they have an additional 60 minutes to sign on and pick up where they left off. That's 2-1/2 hours-- long enough for a long meeting or a leisurely lunch!

--Paul E Musselman

.