On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 11:37 AM Patrik Schindler <poc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

20 Chars "word", 20 chars "word, it's chars sorted alphabetically", the
word's length as numeric, and two counter rows for statistics.

Should point out that 5722-DE1 DB2 Text Extender was a chargeable
product, so if you don't already have it...you're not going to be able to
get it now.

As far as I know, modern Omnifind is java based, so probably Text Extender
was also. Java's typical overhead in terms of memory CPU, and initial time
to start a program makes me avoid it as much as possible (on any given
platform). And *especially* on an AS/400 as low-end as a 150. :-)

I haven't played with Omnifind in a while, so maybe. But I'm pretty sure
the Text Extenders were not Java.

IMHO, you're wasting time (and electricity) with a v4r5 box...

Time: Maybe, I don't mind. Power: No. The 150 draws around 100W..120W with
four 15k disks, and is far from being used to capacity. My next faster box
— an 800 — needs 170W with just one 10k disk, and will be even less used to
capacity. Thus: Faster means no power saving here. :-)

My point is anything you learn playing around on v4r5 has a high chance of
being out of date if you tried to apply it to a modern system.

If you want to play, just get an account on PUB400 or something...

Charles