From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 4:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: What about making spool files go away by themselves?

Hmm. Expiration date doesn't do anything until somebody runs DLTEXPSPLF.

And on closer examination, it turns out the spool files in question
*already* have expiration dates; since they didn't go away on their own,
it's rather obvious that nobody is running DLTEXPSPLF.

And since it's not my box, it's not my place to run it, and they might
not like it if I did, and they lost something they wanted to keep.

And of course, *NATURALLY* the DLTEXPSPLF command doesn't subset by
anything but ASP. Just like NATURALLY the WRKACTJOB command's one
positional parameter is OUTPUT, rather than JOB (why would anybody even
*expect* to be able to send WRKACTJOB to a printer? Wouldn't a separate
PRTACTJOB command make more sense?)

Harrrrrrrumphhhhhhh.

--
JHHL