How much and what type of DASD, how many physical arms do you have?
20.46TB SSD (1.86 TB Mainstream SAS 4k SFF-3 SSD, x11). All internal
storage. No expansion drawers.
How much memory?
256GB RAM (32GB DDR4, x8)
How many CPUs?
8-core box, with 3 cores currently licensed.
How many Ethernet?
12 ethernet (PCIe2 4-port 1GbE, x3)
How many FC?
One 2-port card (PCIe3 16Gb 2-port Fibre, x1)

Are you planning on using VIOS or i hosting i?
Haven't made up my mind yet. Was leaning towards VIOS, but we are an i shop.
Hopefully others can chime in here with pros/cons of VIOS vs. No VIOS.

How many IBM i and how many Red Hat?
At least 2 IBM i (for software development) and probably 4 Red Hat
(WebSphere/Nginx).

Jacob Banda

date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 19:41:03 +0000
from: "Steinmetz, Paul via MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Guide to Configure/Deploy New Power9 Box and LPARs using
vHMC

How much and what type of DASD, how many physical arms do you have?
How much memory?
How many CPUs?
How many Ethernet?
How many FC?

Are you planning on using VIOS or i hosting i?

How many IBM I and how many Red Hat?
I have 4 LPARS, with my main LPAR being the host, non VIOS, i hosting i.
Another option would be that the host LPAR only does hosting, doesn't run
any applications.
In my case, my main LPAR is both my host and production LPAR.

Paul