> The fact that IBM had to put some options only in the gui, in order to
> "force" us to use it proves that the green screen is a better option.
> If the gui had been better, users would have moved to it even having
> the options available in green screen.

I disagree with this. First I don't know of any functions intentionally left out of the CLI in order to 'force this'. Every one of the things that could be CLI that seem to be missing have been provided by others or by APIs.

Second you must understand the level of frustration that new to the platform people face when forced to CLI. Though as pointed out previously in this thread the GUI is really not GUI, for those happy with the mouse it is far easier to use. Beyond that IBM has placed myriad buttons in that interface to display or access things without having to leave that display. Sorting is easier on displays. MASSIVELY more data can be displayed on my double staked 4K Monitors than can be displayed on a 24x80 green screen now 4 ft tall! And that's ignoring the graphs and such in there for performance and such.

I find this argument rather like the truck drivers who swear they won't drive a truck with an automatic transmission because 'that ain't driving.' They are ignoring the fact that the automatic allows for smoother shifts, better economy, lower maintenance, and opens up truck driving for vastly more drivers!

- Dr F