From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:15 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PARTITION_TEXT column in QSYS2.PARTITION_STATISTICS (aka
SYSPARTITIONSTAT)

Asking for a favor from the community here. Please execute the following
SQL:

( SELECT *
FROM TABLE( QSYS2.PARTITION_STATISTICS('QTEMP', 'MBR_INF') ) X
) WITH NO DATA

then run DSPFFD QTEMP/MBR_INF and search for column VOLATILE. The column
immediately following VOLATILE should be the column that either is TEXT or
PARTITION_TEXT. You might even find it called LABEL. Please let me know
how that column is defined and the OS level.

Background:

An RFE I submitted a few years ago (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=89070)
was delivered for IBM i 7.1 and higher releases. Basically, the RFE asked
for a new column containing the member text for files' members be added to
the QSYS2.PARTITION_STATISTICS (aka SYSPARTITIONSTAT) catalog view.

The response from IBM in that RFE was that they added column PARTITION_TEXT.
The documentation for SYSPARTITIONSTAT (
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/db2/rbafzcatsyspsta
t.htm)
in all 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 & 7.4 renderings all reference PARTITION_TEXT.
However, on my 7.2 system, SYSPARTITIONSTAT has no column named
PARTITION_TEXT. The data is found in a column named TEXT.

I want IBM to correct this, either by changing the long column name to
PARTITION_TEXT and leaving the short (system) column name as TEXT *or*
correcting all of their documentation. Before I do that, though, I'd like
to learn from the community here on various OS levels what that column looks
like on their system.

Note: This column was added via TR for 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3. It's included in
7.4's base. According to IBM, "Enhanced with IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 3 and
IBM i 7.2 SF99702 Level 14". No info given for 7.1 TR.
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.