What are the size requirements for the used machine? DASD, memory, etc.?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Gary
Kuznitz
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New purchase

I'm looking for a business partner so I can purchase a new box. It will be
the smallest box IBM makes to replace an i5 520 that I currently have.

I am also looking for a used box somewhere between a
520 and a new box so I can install the os increments and our current
software to make sure everything will run before going live with the
upgraded OS. Currently I'm running V5r3. I'm guessing I will need to
install V6r1 on the Used (Interim) box with our current software to test it
before going live. Then I'm guessing I will need to install V7r1 on our
current 520 that I have with our software to test it to make sure everything
will run. Then I'm planning on putting our software on the new box running
V7r4 and testing it.

If you are a business partner please email me privately with the hardware
discount and software discount you feel comfortable with for the new box.

If anyone has a used box for sale please email me privately.

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz
docfxit (at) theoffice dot LA
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.