VIOS upgrade instructions say: Please ensure that your rootvg contains at least 30 GB and that there is at least 4GB free space before you attempt to update... Run the lsvg rootvg command, and then ensure there is enough free space.

Then they give a sample but I've yet to determine which number(s) tie to "contains at least 30GB" and which number(s) tie to "at least 4GB free space". Sample they gave was

Example:

$ lsvg rootvg
VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 00f6004600004c000000014306a3db3d
VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 64 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION: read/write TOTAL PPs: 511 (32704 megabytes)
MAX LVs: 256 FREE PPs: 64 (4096 megabytes)
LVs: 14 USED PPs: 447 (28608 megabytes)
OPEN LVs: 12 QUORUM: 2 (Enabled)
TOTAL PVs: 1 VG DESCRIPTORS: 2
STALE PVs: 0 STALE PPs: 0
ACTIVE PVs: 1 AUTO ON: yes
MAX PPs per VG: 32512
MAX PPs per PV: 1016 MAX PVs: 32
LTG size (Dynamic): 256 kilobyte(s) AUTO SYNC: no
HOT SPARE: no BB POLICY: relocatable
PV RESTRICTION: none INFINITE RETRY: no

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com