David,

I sent this posting and it got rejected as a non-member but that email midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a member.

Wondering why.  I am sending from my home PC with that good member address.

Our need for 100% reliable sFTP transmissions led us to create a Python wrapper that uses pExpect to manage all  aspects of our sFTP jobs.

All parameters are stored in .json files so that creating a new instance is simple and we don't have to touch the wrapper.

Beyond that with file receive pgms we do byte count checks on what we get vs what was on the server.

For sending we either send to a "temp" folder or as a "dotted" file (hidden) and then rename it when complete to avoid a process grabbing an incomplete file.

It goes on.  Every time we got hosed we created a check.  Now we are comfortable.

Jerry