Jay,

There really isn't any "trick" to it, and you don't appear to be doing anything wrong.  The error simply means that the FTP server can't find a file with that name at that location.

I suggest verifying to make sure there aren't any blanks or other unprintable characters in the filename.  I've run across situations where people have made a file named "text.TXTbbbb" (where "bbbb" are blanks) by accident.  Since you can't see the blanks, it can cause a lot of confusion.

Aside from that -- my only suggestion would be that you're not really in the directory you think you are.  For example, if you're accessing from Windows via a mapped drive, you may think that \\server\ptenctest2 is the same as IFS path /ptenctest2, but it isn't necessarily --  you can create a Windows Networking Share with the name ptenctest2 that's located somewhere different in your IFS from /ptenctest2.   So to verify the file location, I recommend using something like WRKLNK or a Unix shell instead of a mapped network drive to avoid confusion.

Good luck

-SK