The way I have seen it done at other places is to lock the physical file.
No one has authority to access the file. All data access is through a view.

The view joins to a security table that authorizes you to the requested
table. If you want to access that field, you use that view and you must
have been defined to view that field.

The same thing could be done with a logical.

Have not used RCAC so cannot comment on that. Might give you everything you
need.