We've completed the VTL configuration.

BRMS FULL SWA - no difference in times - LTO7 = VTL times.
RSTLIBBRM from Production save to R&D LPAR, 18 libraries.
LTO7 tape Restore of 18 libraries from Production save to R&D LPAR runs about 1 hour 25 minutes.
VTL Restore has ranged from 2 hours to 2 hours 43 minutes.
First restore job ran during normal daytime hours when no other VTL processes running - 2 hours 9/18/20 10:17 12:17 2:00
Second restore job ran immediately after the Production save completed, (VTL Dedup and Replication also running) - 2 hours 43 minutes 9/21/20 0:18 3:00 2:43

Anyone in the group experience similar performance issues when migrating from LTO7 to VTL.
Currently working with the vendor identify the bottleneck and possible improvements.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator