Hello John,

Am 18.09.2020 um 23:57 schrieb John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>:

Yes, of course SSL. Sorry, I have SSH on the brain because that is what I normally encounter.

Okay, thanks for de-confusing me. :-)

Can you successfully connect with an openssl s_client -connect www.ha.ups.com:443? (Log into your i via ssh also to have a scrollback buffer in your terminal!)
Is that a shell command I can enter verbatim?

Yes, given OpenSSL is installed. This should give you a general idea if end to end connectivity works (and which encryption parameters were negotiated). Look closely at the output, it's a lot.

When you're using the said software to connect to UPS, it's not automatically that this one uses OpenSSL as crypto library. Different parts of IBM i or 3rd party software might use other crypto functions which *might* not work with what UPS requires. But you can tell openssl exactly what to do. It has a ton of optional parameters:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/man1/s_client.html

-ssl3, -tls1, -tls1_1, -tls1_2, -tls1_3, -no_ssl3, -no_tls1, -no_tls1_1, -no_tls1_2, -no_tls1_3

-cipher

-ciphersuites

Maybe with this you can rule out what does *not* function and look into the service extender specs what it supports.

HTH!

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc