Hi Patrik

I think you had to have been clear - you say yes to all my questions!

I hear your concern about not sending strange things to a non-IBM i server. I wonder about a parameter on the CHGFTPA command, I thought there was something that established the name formats there - now that would have implications, maybe - and I might be incorrect!!! :)

I wonder if it would be possible to expand NAMEFMT to have 2 parameters, one for local, one for remote - there are other subcommands with optional additional parameters - time for an RFE?

Is there anything helpful if you were to use the SITE NAMEFMT 0 subcommand to turn it off on the server? Or does that just send more stuff that would have the same problem?

Another thought - Scott Klement has an FTPAPI service program that lets you use its functions and take action based on return codes. Richard Schoen had built a CL wrapper on it, so that can be done. This gives more flexibility than the OVRDBF STDIN method.

Cheers
Vern