Thanks to Rob, I was able to get a work round. Here is the code I created
for those who may want to use it.

Try it and see the results.

Darryl.

drop tABLE QTEMP.JRN_XX;

create table QTEMP.jrn_xx as (

Select x.entry_timestamp, x.journal_entry_type, x.current_user, x.Job_NAme,
x.Job_USer, x.Job_number, x.Program_Name, CAST(x.Entry_data as
char(1000)) as entry_data -- x.*

FROM TABLE (QSYS2.Display_Journal('journal_library', 'file_name',

JOURNAL_CODES => 'D,F,R',

STARTING_RECEIVER_NAME => '*CURCHAIN' )) as x

) with data;

Select * from QTEMP.jrn_xx ;

drop table QTEMP.jrn_work5;

create table QTEMP.JRN_WORK5 as

(select x.entry_timestamp, x.journal_entry_type, x.current_user, x.Job_NAme,
x.Job_USer, x.Job_number, x.Program_Name, a2.*

from QTEMP.JRN_XX x , data_library.data_file a2 )

with NO data;

Select * from QTEMP.jrn_work5;

CL: cpyf QTEMP/JRN_xx QTEMP/JRN_WORK5 mbropt(*replace) fmtopt(*NOCHK) ;

Select * from QTEMP.jrn_work5 ; --where program_Name = 'program_name';