Patrik:

I think you are mixing cores and CPU. One CPU has multiple cores. IBM i
is licensed by the core.

That said, at one time IBM produced the answer to your question (about the
time of P6 to P7 in a series of articles.

Here are functions that do share cores (query with DB2 multisystem comes to
mind) but not all functions do.

Best to find that IBM documentation.