From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrik Schindler
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 3:06 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Client Access/400 3 for DOS

Hello,

can anyone remember this one? I'm trying to install on a real 386 with an IBM ISA Token Ring Card. I configured with LANAID and the Novell Netware Client for DOS can successfully use the card and connect to a Netware Server (via IPX). Also, the card's running fine with a very old Debian Release.

There are no hardware configuration options at install time besides choosing connection type, where I chose Local LAN, and then fill out local and remote system names, and the MAC of the AS/400's Token Ring Adapter.

When I do a test connect, the command STARTRTR is issued in a batch file. This one gives the error "5240 The Token-Ring adapter is not present". See screenshot at https://leela.pocnet.net/~poc/ca.jpg

Of course, Google turns up no helpful stuff. Anybody remembers this ancient stuff?

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc