here is what they do today on their MySQL databases....
all developers share 1 profile to connect "developer"....
it is read only from all sources EXCEPT the actual server ip, which has
full update rights.
developer@% = read only
developer@10.xxxxxxxxxx = full access

on DB2, each developer has their own userprofile, but I just took away
their update ability (made
their profiles *USE)....

My manager doesn't want me to make a 2nd profile for each individual,
allowing them update,
but would rather have them use the "developer" method we use on MySQL...