Yes, I got that -- all fields are positioned using the POSITION(x,y) keyword, where x and y are 5.3p and specified in inches, per the UOM parm on the CRTPRTF command.

I wanted the front margin (0,0) to make it easier to measure the form and get the correct x,y for each field.  But even if it shifted everything by say 0.25" (down from the top, in from the left), it still should've looked like everything was in the right place in relation to each other.  I've got detail printing above headers, and fields that should be on the same line (same value for y) slightly off vertically.  It's actually hard to tell though, because there's overprinting.

Do I need to do anything special for the printer type?  Most printers can emulate HP PCL, so it would seem that *HP6 for the printer model is a pretty safe choice.  But as far as I know that's all up to PSF, when it does the actual printing.