I'm not following you.
If I use another port on the NIC, I still would need to create a new interface and line, which would also include a new IP.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 10:43 AM
To: Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>; 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Ethernet options for IBM i client LPAR with no physical resources, all virtual

No you do not want to put a bridge on that interface. Use one of the other three on the NIC card. If you put ANY ip addresses on the physical side of the bridge, you will not enjoy the results.

CPU pegged at max, no console interaction, no work no nuttun..... IPL is the only way out at that point. IBM goes out of their way to tell you not to do that. So being inquisitive, I tried it on my test system (that's what
it's for afterall) Yep, just as IBM predicted, bad things.....

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects