By same problem I believe you mean the object lock. I believe you are right and I'm interested in the answer.

We may reach a compromise that the BI users (aka Query mongers) may need so many tables that we may just give them *USE on the authorization list.
We run no payroll in this package.

You guys are correct, the individual authority still requires an object lock. I can't get around that. But when setting up the authorities, it has saved my life more times than I care to count that I can easily go into an authority list and grant a user access. Does that give them too much access temporarily? Yes, it does. But the next time I can get the file I can grant the object level authority and then change the authority list back. That is normally scheduled in Robot for the middle of the night or right after a save. If it isn't critical, it can wait until I get an object lock.

I also love being able to run a CL every night that puts all the authorities back, and spares me from unexpected changes.
Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Cisco Cloud Email Security.