It's highly doubtful the user could try-and-error it. I have to provide KMP files by configuring my 5250, saving the KMP, sending it to IT, and then IT configures the user's 5250.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: John Yeung [mailto:gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 11:42 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mac user & 5250 enter

Justin Taylor wrote:

She wants it to works as defined, but it's not. She wants the ENTER to be the right CTRL, as defined in the KMP file. It just doesn't work.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:11 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/switching-to-the/9781449372927/ch
01s08.html

Look for the first couple of paragraphs under "Where the Windows Keys Went"

This is one of the first things I think most people learn when they switch from something else to Mac: that the key which is physically labeled "Ctrl" means something else.

So, there is a very real chance it *is* working as defined, just from a Mac perspective.

Can this user do anything on her own? Like, play with the key mapper herself? The "Search for Key" button prompts you to press a (physical) key on your keyboard. If she presses the key she *wants* to use, what does the search say she just pressed?

John Y.