Couple options I can think of:

-FTP as you mentioned.

-NetServer and CPY command - user ID/password doing transfers has to match security on Windows network.

-Install Windows Services for Unix and create NFS shares and copy files with the CPY command. Works well and you can limit share access to the IBMi IP address.

-My personal favorite. Install the SAMBA server and use the PASE "smbclient" command line app to send/receive files. You can wrapper it with CL pretty easily and pass user/password info as needed. I'm currently building a CL layer for this, but it's not available yet. Google SAMBA smbclient and you'll find a lot of info on parms for smbclient. Samba can also live side by side with NetServe because if you're just using the smbclient app there's no conflict with any NetServer stuff.

-Java also has JCIFS which is a Java version of the SMBCLIENT stuff.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 1
date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:21:25 +0000
from: Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Deposit file(s) on Wndows Server

We have quite a few jobs that retrieve files from various FTP servers and/or websites. All of these processes are a combination of CL, RPGLE and scripts (I wrote all of them). Until now, I have always stored these on the IFS. I have a need to push a group of files over to our Windows server instead.

I could fire up another script to FTP from the IBM i to our Windows server, but I'd rather not have FTP server running on the Windows server. Are there other more "elegant" solutions?

TIA,
Greg