Hi Laurence

seems like if you had a replicating VTL at both ends you could save a lot
of the work.
Maybe you should revisit getting one of those on site and then moving it
later (if needed) as it seems that would get around a lot of your
encryption and travel restrictions.

Depending on what costs you come up with it might even pay for itself.