The connection over Ethernet is curious at best.

What sort of device then does it appear to be? Is it FCOE so it's really fiber in the end?

Honestly I would be terrified of that setup until I saw a solid recovery plan on how to recover with an Ethernet connected backup device!!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com