Hello Andrew,

Am 27.02.2020 um 18:27 schrieb Andrew Lopez (SXS US) <Andrew.Lopez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I don't know that I need to convince you you're wrong.

No need to convince me, because I've my own experience from pastime outbreaks at customer's sites. Much damage could have been prevented by having a few basic security measures in place. But they hadn't.

Scoffing at the impossibility of it really gets in the way of the people who are actually doing it.

Ah, so I should shut up and not make people aware they're relying on somewhat naturally unreliable when it comes to a *real* threat? Interesting attitude.

I've seen some of the speeches about security and how to circumvent it at every December from numerous CCC members. There is no such thing as security. It's not the question *if* there will be some threat doing damage, but *when*.

On a side note, I've been working for 13 years in a small system vendor, planning and rolling out security-centric network infrastructures for our customers. As a second measure *additional* to the Windows guys' local Anti-Malware stuff. You might take this as some hint that I know what Im talking about, to some extent.

But since this is an IBM i technical discussion list, I will stop my off-topic posts. I'm just sad every time when I read about some more outbreak, because the dumbass needing to clean up is always the admin and not the CxO who didn't grant time (or money) to plan and implement vendor's published best practices. And it certainly doesn't help anybody when some people hint others that one just needs an AV solution and all will be fine.

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc