I've never really run across this before because I don't often copy raw data to QSYSPRT this way.  I wanted an easy way to mock up data for a spooled file (which would then get reformatted by magical forms software).  Seemed easy enough - edit a source file, then copy it to a DB file defined with RCDLEN using *CVTSRC, then copy that DB file to QSYSPRT.  And it all worked fine, except that for some reason the spooled file starts at line 6.

I am baffled.  I looked at every parameter on the CPYF and on OVRPRTF, but I couldn't come up with a reason.  I can copy the spooled file back to a database file using *FCFC or *PRTCTL and play with the values, but that's one thing I was specifically trying to avoid.

All I want is the first line of the database file to print on page 1, line 1 of the spooled file.  Anybody ever run into this?

Thanks!