What are there, 5 customers that ever used it?

As part of my ongoing job search I was rather surprised by the number of
companies. Certainly not up to the numbers of some LPs (or even close),
but more than I would have expected before I started.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 2:07 PM <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yea, when I saw the feature numbers it made sense. But I have to admit my
first thought was "Did they really finally kill CICS on IBM i ?"

What are there, 5 customers that ever used it?

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
DrFranken
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:43 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The following features are being withdrawn on the specified
models of the IBM Power Systems machine types:

First I found it humorous that they changed some of the descriptions when
that is a bad thing. I can imagine someone reading that text and
saying: "128 BIT!? Ha that has to be 128K or 128M. I'll go with M."

For example:

"Crypto 128MB" is not a thing. It was indeed '128 bit.' 128MB Keys will
likely appear but 'not today' and certainly not back in V5!!

5722AC3 *INSTALLED Crypto Access Provider 128-bit for AS/400
5722CE3 *INSTALLED Client Encryption 128-bit

The rest of that stuff is all V5 anyway so rather a 'wow, those were still
avaliable??' Exeption is 5733-ARE which we have insalled on i 7.4 systems.
But I think this withdrawal is only for the machines named in the letter.

THus this is pretty much a 'non-issue' for folks.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com