All dynamic SQL statements (embedded dynamic SQL, STRSQL, ACS - Run SQL
Script, ...) are optimized per Default with *FIRSTIO
Static SQL satements (static embedded SQL) are optimized per Default with
*ALLIO

The optimization goal can be changed by adding OPTIMIZE FOR X ROWS to the
end of the SELECT Statement.
Replacing the x with a small integer no, means Optimization Goal *FIRSTIO
Replacing the x with a large integer no or with ALL means Optimization Goal
*ALLIO

The optimization goal will become important if the optimizer can only fine
sub-optimal indexes.
With *FIRSTIO it may decide for a sub-optimal index, with *ALLIO it may
prefer a table scan.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"
?Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they
don't want to.? (Richard Branson)