I did not follow the complete thread, but here is a function which converts
any timestamp in any timezone into a character representation of a timestamp
in the following Format: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MI:SS+/-HH:MI
If an error occurs, INVALID is returned.
(instead of DATE/TIME and SUBSTR, I used the VARCHAR_FORMAT Function)

Create Or Replace Function HSCOMMON10.TIMESTAMP_ISO8601
(ParTimestamp Timestamp(6) Default Current_Timestamp,
ParTimeZone Decimal(6, 0) Default Current_Timezone)
Returns Varchar(26)
Language SQL
Modifies Sql Data
Deterministic
Set Option Datfmt = *ISO, Dbgview = *SOURCE, Timfmt = *ISO
Begin
Declare Continue Handler For SQLEXCEPTION Return 'INVALID';

Return (Translate(VarChar_Format(ParTimestamp, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
'T', ' ') concat
Case When ParTimeZone < 0 Then '-' else '+' End
concat
VarChar_Format('00010101' concat Right(Digits(ParTimeZone), 6),
'HH24:MI'));

End;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"
?Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they
don't want to.? (Richard Branson)