From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Kevin Monceaux
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:00 PM
To: Midrange L <Midrange-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Physical Tape Alternatives?

Midrange Fans,

The powers that be have me exploring physical tape alternatives. I'm open to suggestions from those familiar with the various options. I've done a little reading on Cloud Storage Solutions. I'm not sure if that would be a good fit for us. We would probably need to push tape images to a local FTP server at local LAN speed, then replicate to the cloud from there.

We have a single POWER 8 box, i hosting i, with one host and three guest LPARs. We have just under 3TB of DASD in use, with a little over 1TB free.
We're currently backing up to a TS3100 tape library, with LTO4 drives using BRMS.