We changed from Softlanding / Turnover years ago to PTC (david at midrange.com's day job). We did it at the time solely because Turnover was dragging their feet on supporting a new version of IBM i. I have ZERO tolerance for that BS.

Recently I looked at a quote to getting all the rest of our 15 lpars of IBM i added as destinations for production code. The quote was way too high for what little went to most of those lpars. For example our MAIL4 lpar runs mainly Domino with just a few programs in our ROUTINES library for systems management. For what few programs would get sent on an annual basis we felt that adding CM to that lpar was cost prohibitive. Instead we spent that end of year capital money burning a hole in our pockets on a few skids of laptops, monitors and other such stuff.