i've used Aldon before in the past (will miss the forms) but if any better
in price it will be worth looking into.

thx!

jay

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:50 AM Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I recall correctly, Aldon has a utility to transfer Softlanding
information into its own database to facilitate customers in your
situation.

https://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-aldon

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jay
Vaughn
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:46 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: traditional AS/400 code base CMS transition

So, our company was just acquired by another company with deeper pockets
and
SoftLanding is asking an arm and a leg now to transfer the CMS to our new
company.

So, we are exploring alternatives.

Could have up to 10-20 iseries devs working on the code base (which is
large
- hundreds for files/tables and thousands of pgms)

Any suggestions?

Is there a sharp learning curve for github enterprise (pro), compared to
what we are used to now with TO?

tia

jay
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.