Mimix works. We had a consultant come on site and set it up for our first pair. Then we went to the training. Upon return we set up our second pair. If you're doing multiple pairs (PROD1-PROD2 and DEV1-DEV2) that's the ideal way to fly.

We switched from Mimix to Quick-EDD because (AT THE TIME!) Mimix was just sucking up the maintenance money and wasn't putting it into the product. Back in the Al Barsa days Mimix would work closely with the IBM i Early Ship folks and have it ready when the new release came out. That went downhill bad. Seems like they wouldn't even get started until the new release was GA and even announced they would not support the new features until 18 months after GA. The competition picked up on this and were running full page outside front cover ads in the trade mags announcing their support for the new features. That's when we switched. Mimix was losing so many customers they backed down from that 18 month announcement.

Since then Assure has bought up both Mimix and Quick-EDD.

We looked at Power HA. We do not use external SAN storage at this time for IBM i. The cost of that was too prohibitive for us. And there are some areas of concern I have with that whole concept. For example if Infor LX stores their key in a file or dataarea in ERPLXF how do you ensure that particular object doesn't get replicated over to the backup system and clobber the key on that system?

We do switches using Quick-EDD on a quarterly basis and do our OS upgrades, system migrations, PTF's, data center moves, etc, during that time. We've done it this way with Mimix and continue to do so using Quick-EDD.