From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 10:00 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cross-library Logicals and RSTLIB/CRTDUPOBJ

Thanks, Paul!  That's the direction I was headed until I read Mark's excellent note on DFRID.  I'm going to try that right now.

On 1/8/2020 8:45 AM, Steinmetz, Paul via MIDRANGE-L wrote:
Joe,

We restore our Production data to R&D data on a different LPAR.
The R&D data has different library names.
To handle the x-lib LF when the restore library is different (without
having to recreate) The libraries containing the PF are restored with the same library names.
Then the libraries containing the X-lib LF are restored.
Then the libraries containing the PF are renamed.

Totally automated using AJS and BRMS.
Works like a champ.

Also, starting at V6R1, IBM built in DFRID on the RSTLIB and RSTLIBBRM command.
Using DFRID to Allow Restoring Logical Files before Physical Files
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/using-dfrid-allow-restoring-logical-
files-physical-files

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzarm/rzarmse
qrestoredeferobject.htm