New users know how to use the web, to go to 5250 they need to be
re-trained.  I do use 5250, but I do not push it to my users.

Moving to web you can improve user's experience more, you have all the
nice toys from 5250 and more, find for example.

I am afraid to predict the future, but I think there are going to have
far more improvements in the web than in 5250.

5250 is far from dead, but it is frozen.