SSH works flawlessly and lets you use public keys instead of embedding
passwords.
GoAnywhere also works fine, and supports ssh etc.
https://www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer/connectivity/native-calls

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In the near(?) future, we're going to be decommissioning a couple of old
Windows servers. We have some jobs that use RUNRMTCMD to invoke processes
on these.

Since Client Access is not an option, my searching turned this up:
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201603/msg00091.html

Is that the definitive solution? Use SSH to invoke the remote process?

Any other alternatives anyone has used? I am considering using GoAnywhere
as it can invoke remote commands on Win/Linux/whatever.