Exactly.  When people think this way they rush to abandon 5250.

Yes, 5250 is text based and it is is screen-at-a-time processing.

Maybe if we decided to see what we can actually do with 5250 and apply some 21st Century design goals to the use of 5250 we might find that 5250 isn't as old and clunky as we think it is?

My go-to example on this is the subfile and scroll bar.  Our email can be sorted by columns, filtered by columns, and just about everyone understands how to work with it.  Say "how about sortable and filterable 5250 subfiles with scroll bars?" and heads around here explode.  Why?  This is where we make a living and we act as if 18-year old script kiddys know more about how to handle data than we do.  Why?