Is there a way to run you unzip procedure in a PASE shell?

Yuck,
Bryan

Kevin Bucknum wrote on 12/27/2019 8:11 AM:
I haven't found a way while playing around with this for the file to not be created with the job's ccsid. None of the environment variables seem to affect this. It look like it is time to ask IBM if it is an intended behavior or not. Creating the file beforehand and using FILEAPPEND does seem to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of B Stone
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CCSID of QSHELL generated file not getting set

unzip. Installed using YUM.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 3:55 PM Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what command are you running from QSH?

it would be interesting to try it out.

Bryan

B Stone wrote on 12/26/2019 4:27 PM:
Thanks, Mark. That wasn't it either.

QIBM_CCSID is documented, from what I can tell, as the environment
variable to use for this.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzahz/rzah
zvariable.htm

The CCSID of the files created is 37, the job's CCSID (which matches
the description for the QIBM_CCSID env var), not 819 or 1208 which
is the default for QIBM_PASE_CCSID depending on OS version.

Scott K even mentions QIBM_CCSID here:
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200611/msg01064.html

Actually in thinking about these environment variables and how we
need to adjust them for this and that so much now, it's almost like
multiple LDAs now with the same dangers (ie, packaged software
changes or removes them causing issues with home grown software, or vice versa).

I do recall having an issue for the PASE CCSID before

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 1:01 PM Mark Waterbury <