That's very nice of you to give me the suggestions.

Comments below

On 9 Dec 2019 at 22:36, DrFranken (DrFranken
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented about
Re: Missing disk unit:

Question 1: Does the machine have mirrored protection?
I doen't think so. I really dought it

Question 2: Do you have a full save of the system?
Yes I do. It's older than I would like

If the answer to BOTH of the above is no, then start looking for your
favorite lucky charms.

Question 3: Does the disk make a sad crying noise as the system is
starting up?
No. It sounds normal.

Question 4: Have you re-seated the cables to the drives?
I would like to. Right now the machine is on showing the
error so it's not booted up inot the OS. I would rather
not pull the plug to turn it off. I would like to turn it off
from the front panel but I don't remember how.
Currently it showing 02 B m I believe that's where it
has to be to turn it off manually. Pressing the white
button doesn't turn it off. How can I turn it off?

Question 5: Does the drive spin up? You may need to hold a metal bar
against it as well as against your ear to see if you can hear anything.
I hear all drives spinning. I don't know if they were
spinning all the time or if it started spinning during the
night or if it started after I turned it on it's side and
opened the cover.

I would like to turn it off, Unplug it from the power, plug
it back in and see if it will recognize the drives.

The message is telling you that the load source disk is there and
working but the other disk (DD002) is not reporting in at this time.
Without it, the system cannot start OS/400.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gary

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com