I just ran the process in debug and verified the unlink process was being
executed and the path/filename were correct but the file still existed
after that.

Since then I have now run from IFSEBOOK CH3RENDEL which did successfully
delete the file and it uses exactly the same method.

I am really confused now.

In httpapi the file name is trimmed into the variable passed to unlink eg

eval HTTP_DEBUG_FILE = %trimr(peFilename)
callp unlink(HTTP_DEBUG_FILE)

Whereas in CH3RENDEL

unlink(%trimr(path)) < 0

But that should not make any difference ?

I am obviously missing something :-(

Thanks

Don Brown