From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Mark Waterbury
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:34 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Changing a service program

Hi, Vern,

When "P" gets activated into any AG in your job, at that time, it 'resolves' to the address of "S" and also resolves pointers to any procedures (entry points) in that *SRVPGM. Those pointers are now loaded in the "working storage" of "P" ... in its AG.

Hence, when you recompile "S" if "P" is already activated, those copies still have pointers to the old "S" (now in QRPLOBJ).

You can sign-off and sign-on or issue RRTJOB to "clean up" all AGs and reset the job to the way it was when you first signed on.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury