Have you tried 2 CTE's, one for the sum and one for the count?

Kind regards,

Carel Teijgeler

Op 11-11-2019 om 15:34 schreef Steve Richter:
when summarizing an order detail file on PRODCODE, how get both a summary
of ORDQTY and a count of distinct order numbers?

the end result I want is this:

PRODCODE Number orders Order qty
-------- ------------- ---------
Y98392 5 252
T89523 7 8183

I tried to do a count of a sub select where I select distinct ORDNUM on the
PRODCODE being grouped, but DB2 did not allow:

select a.prodcode, sum(a.ordqty) totqty,
count( select distinct c.ordnum
from ordDetail c
where c.prodcode = a.prodcode ) numOrders
from ordDetail a
group by a.prodcode