Thanks, Rob, for clarifying my early-morning response. Yes, the suggestion was to create a new view over QADBXREF and leave out the DBXREL = 'Y' from the statement - something like that.

I run into authority problems with QADBXREF when I try to run a SELECT against it - it is a very important system file and is strongly protected, as it should be.

Cheers
Vern